Best Tips to Sell Your Home
Here are some key selling tips to get your biggest investment ‘model home’ ready to compete! In today’s DFW market, new construction is your competition. Giving the buyer the choice of a model home property or a home in which the buyer has to not only pack and move, but THEN make the improvements for that new home look is a no-brainer! Use these Best Tips to get your home move in ready so you can move on. Let Styled to Sell by Lisa assist you in checking off this list and getting top dollar for your biggest investment in the shortest time possible.
- Do Cost Effective Updates—don’t let the buyer price erode your home!
- Fix Whatever is Broken—you will either pay now or pay later.
- Curb Appeal Invites or Detracts—you only have minutes to capture the buyer’s attention. Curb appeal tells the buyer whether or not you maintain the interior like you do the exterior.
- Deep, Deep Clean Interior/Exterior—is cleaning like getting ready for your dreaded mother-in-law’s first visit! The buyer sees what you may not notice.
- Neutralize Odors—don’t be referred to as “that house that smelled like …” Buyers see and smell what we may not realize because we are use to it.
- Neutralize Wall Colors—so the buyer can envision themselves living there, not you.
- Reconfigure Furniture Arrangement—to promote conversation, good traffic flow and expansion of room.
- Declutter and Depersonalize—removing stacks/piles, minimizing accessories/artwork as well as personal pictures/collections are necessary so that the buyer’s focus will stay on your home and not your things.
- Minimize Items in Cabinets, Pantry, and Closets—overstuffed spaces lead the buyer to believe there is not enough storage.
- Organizing—arrange items or remove them.
- Pack Away and Pack Some More—since you will be moving soon, why not start the packing now?
- Add Ambient Lighting—additional lighting warms and lightens each room. Don’t forget to replace burned out bulbs!
- Freshen/Update Linens—nothing like new bedding and/or linens to update a room. Remember you can take them with you!
- Removal, Repurpose, Rental or Purchase of Items—repurposing furniture & accessories into other areas of the home can create a fresh new look. Consider buying or renting new pieces if needed to stage your home for that ‘model home’ ready look.
- Let Go and Get Ready to Move!